Wednesday, October 5, 2016

C is for Criminal

I have been a fan of the Housewives franchise on Bravo from day one.  I know all about Big Papa.....Closing your legs to married men.....drinking Champs every chance you get.....and Turtle Time.  But this Sunday, something made me feel a little disappointed in myself for watching.   Teresa and the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  I have had enough with a grown ass woman in complete denial, who has no problem lying to everyone.

I have been back and forth when it comes to one of the most notorious Housewives in franchise history, Teresa Guidice.  When she flips tables, I feel her frustration with those around her. When she decorates for Christmas, it makes me want to get a 15 foot Christmas Tree.  When she tells the world it "scheves" her out to live in a house someone else owned, I don't  judge her.

But this whole thing....The other C word (meaning Criminal).....is just too far.  I can't take the denial, and I hate myself for even watching the show at this point.  Whether she likes it or not, Teresa is a criminal.  She spent 12 months, locked up, behind bars, serving her sentence.  Teresa was in a Federal Correctional Institution in Danbury, Connecticut.  That is real.  That is the truth.

To sit there, and, still to this day, try to make people believe it was a mistake and she didn't deserve what happened to her, and, (What I think is the biggest insult to viewers of all) to still say she had no idea what was going on, is dispicable.

Teresa could have come out of prison and showed us her real side.  I don't know about you, but I would have been pissed if my husband got me in as much trouble as she claims her husband did to her.  I honestly don't know many women who would say, oh well.

This was Teresa's opportunity to be a real person and show real emotions.  Instead, she looks like a fool.

Own what you did, Own what happened to you.  And set an example for your children.

But please, stop insulting us with this other C word crap.  I can't take it.  Everytime she says it, I feel like she is slapping us all in the face.  If you don't want the world to know about your dirty laundry, don't be on a Reality TV show.

I hope that while fans are still watching RHONJ, we are learning from what Teresa went through.  I think the biggest lesson is, what you do in life has consiquences and you CANNOT get away with things.  The truth always catches up, so be someone your parent's and your kid's can be proud of.  Know what is going on in your house.  Whether it is the finances, or business deals, especially if your name is on it.  Don't take things for granted.  Hard work is what gets you ahead in life.  Trying to get away with things all the time is not going to bring you happiness.

Now I know I will continue to watch, I feel like I have gotten this far I can't quit now.  But if by some chance Teresa is reading this right now, please think about your position as a public figure.  Think about how you would like your daughter's to be treated by a man, and know that you are worth a lot more than you I feel you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment